Enjoy advanced underwater performance down to 25 m with the tough and reliable PowerShot D30. Ideal for every outdoor adventure it features HS System for superb shots and GPS to track the thrills.
- Compact and tough digital camera for active outdoor adventures
- Go deeper underwater - waterproof down to 25 m, shockproof up to 2 m drops, freezeproof (-10 °C) and dustproof
- Beautiful results even in low light with 12.1 Megapixel HS System
- 28mm, 5x optical zoom with Intelligent IS
- Superb aquatic shots with Underwater mode and Custom White Balance
- GPS to tag your shots and log your journey
- Easy viewing in bright light using large 7.5 cm (3.0") PureColor II LCD with Sunlight LCD mode
- Full HD movies (1080p) with optical zoom and HDMI
- Simply point and shoot with Smart Auto (32 scenes)
- More ways to capture action with Movie Digest and Super Slow Motion Movie
Take a look at a more detailed look into the Canon PowerShot D30
Rugged camera - advanced waterproof performance
This compact and tough digital camera offers leading waterproof performance that lets you shoot underwater down to 25 m. Constructed for harsh conditions, the PowerShot D30 is also shockproof to drops from up to 2 m¹, freezeproof for using it in temperatures as low as -10 °C and is fully protected from dust - so it's ideal for the most extreme outdoor activities, from snowboarding to SCUBA diving. It's also 'childproof' and can withstand the rough handling that children might subject it to on family adventures.
Superb underwater shots
Capture great shots under any light with HS System - an exclusive combination of a high-sensitivity 12.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor and a powerful DIGIC 4 processor. HS System excels in low light - typical of underwater environments - while Underwater mode and Custom White Balance allow you to quickly adjust to the natural colours at depth, so it's easier to capture the real aquatic atmosphere. Use Underwater Macro for sharp, clear close ups of marine life.
28mm, 5x optical zoom; Intelligent IS
Shoot panoramic landscapes and great group shots with 28mm wide-angle and use the 5x optical zoom to get closer. Intelligent IS keeps photos and videos sharp and detailed even on the move, at full zoom or in low light, automatically adjusting the optical Image Stabilizer to the scene from 7 modes.
GPS tags the location of your photos and videos while the Logger function keeps track of your journey. Use the Map Utility software to pinpoint shooting locations and to share them with friends.
7.5 cm (3.0") PureColor II LCD with Sunlight mode
Enjoy excellent visibility whether you're in bright sunshine or underwater using the large 460k dot LCD screen. For enhanced clarity in very bright conditions, Sunlight Mode activates a stronger LED backlight for maximum brightness.
Find out more about the Canon PowerShot D30, its features and what it can do.
Great low-light shots
Great for the pool and SCUBA diving
Withstands knocks and drops
Great for skiing
Tag shots and log your journey
5x optical zoom with wide-angle
12.1 Megapixel CMOS
Steady images and movies in every situation
Powerful DIGIC processing
Wide viewing angle, high contrast
Enhanced visibility in sunlit conditions
Tap or tilt to scroll images
Auto mode with 32-scene detection
Great underwater close-ups
View stills and videos on TV