The compact XA30 camcorder boasts a wide dynamic range and is ideal for discretely capturing accurate, professional-quality content for corporate videos, weddings and online use, among other applications - especially in challenging high-contrast lighting conditions.
- Wide 26.8mm¹, f/1.8-2.8 lens, 20x zoom with intelligent 5-axis OIS and Dynamic IS
- 1/2.84" HD CMOS Pro sensor with improved sensitivity for enhanced low-light performance and lower noise
- Wide DR mode (600%) and Highlight Priority mode² maintain highlight/shadow detail for a more natural image
- Dual-format recording: Full HD AVCHD (28Mbps) or MP4 (35Mbps) to 2 x SD cards
- Detachable handle with professional XLR inputs and built-in IR lamp
- 8.77cm (3.5") OLED touchscreen for excellent resolution, contrast and colour reproduction
- 1.56m dot EVF and 45° tilt for flexible shooting
- Fast and slow motion (x2 to x1200) with interval recording in MP4 mode
- Built-in dual band WiFi for remote control, file transfer/upload and browser preview
- GPS capable with optional accessory
Take a look at a more detailed look into the Canon XA30
20x zoom wide angle Canon HD video lens
Capture superb quality footage thanks to the XA30's stunning and versatile 26.8mm¹ wide angle lens. A 20x zoom gets you up close to the action, while Dynamic Optical Image Stabilisation compensates for shake in 5 directions to provide ultra-steady images. f/1.8 maximum aperture, an 8-blade iris and EDM technology enable beautiful 'bokeh' effects.
Improved 1/2.84" HD CMOS Pro sensor
The newly developed Canon HD CMOS Pro sensor achieves an effective pixel count of approximately 2.91 megapixels to deliver stunning Full HD picture quality. With increased sensitivity and an improved signal-to-noise ratio, low light images in particular appear cleaner with reduced noise.
Flexible new image settings
Two new picture settings help you achieve even more impressive results. Wide DR mode gives you a 600% dynamic range, resulting in bright images with high contrast that retain detail in both highlight and shadow areas, without the need for post-production. Highlight Priority mode reproduces footage with more natural tones, richer colours and detail particularly in areas of high brightness² perfect for scenes with bright skies and reflective surfaces.
8.77cm (3.5") OLED touchscreen and tiltable EVF
Despite its compact size, the XA30 provides high-quality monitoring. An easy-to-use OLED touch screen with a 1.23 million dot resolution offers faster response times and superior definition, contrast and colour reproduction compared to LCD equivalents. A 0.61cm (0.24") 1.56 million dot EVF can tilt up to 45° - easily accommodating a range of shooting positions.
Versatile dual-format recording
AVCHD video can be recorded at up to 28Mbps in 1080/50P; while for maximum quality, select the 35Mbps 1080/50P MP4 recording mode. The two SDXC/SDHC memory card slots allow for simultaneous recording³ of high-quality HD and lower resolutio
Find out more about the Canon XA30, its features and what it can do.
HD Video Lens
Wide Angle Lens
20x Optical Zoom
Steady shots in every situation
Steady shooting on the move
Superb low-light shooting
DIGIC Processing Power
Capture both highlight and shadow detail without the need to grade
Prioritise highlight detail
Creative time-lapse recording
Built-in WiFi for easy remote control
8-Bladed Circular Aperture
28Mbps AVCHD recording
35 Mbps MP4 recording
8.8cm Organic LED touch screen
Dual SDXC card slots
Instant Auto Focus
Canon Professional Network
Inspiration, education, product information and news updates to deliver the definitive coverage for Canon professional photographers and videographers, as well as advanced enthusiasts, around the world.