Canon Camera Connect app
Connect your Canon camera with your smartphone and do more than ever:
- Download your images instantly, so that they are ready to share
- Control your camera remotely from your phone
- Add GPS data to your images with your PowerShot or IXUS camera
Does this app work with any camera?
Please refer to the compatibility list below to see if our app works with your camera.**
Are all functions available on all cameras?
No, not all functions are available on all models. Please refer to the compatibility list below to see which feature works with your camera
How do I connect my Canon EOS DSLR to my mobile device?
1. Switch on your camera and select the menu button.
2. Click on Settings and select Wi-Fi.
3. Press “Enable”. If the camera asks you to register a nickname then do so at this point and skip the next 2 steps.
4. Return to the menu
5. Select Wi-Fi Function and set a nickname for the camera of your choice
6. Return to the menu and select the Wi-Fi function
7. Select “Connect to Smartphone” icon
8. Select “Camera access point mode”
9. Select “Easy connection”
10. On your device, go into Settings, select Wi-Fi, then choose the network name shown on your camera.
11. On your smart device, go into Settings, select Wi-Fi, then choose the network name shown on your camera.
12. Once you see your device has connected to the camera’s network, open the Camera Connect app.
13. You’ll see a confirmation message on the camera to confirm that it is connected to your device. Press OK if the camera asks you to verify the connecting device, and save the configuration in SET1. You’re now ready to use the app.
14. Once this process has been completed once, you will not need to repeat the authentication in detail again. The next time you select the Wi-Fi function, you can use the same configuration settings that you stored in the initial set-up process, and connect to the camera from your smart device following steps 11 and 12.
How do I connect my Canon EOS M3, Canon PowerShot or IXUS to my mobile device?
1. Switch on your camera.
2. On your camera, press the button with the mobile phone symbol on it. If your camera does not have this button, then press the Wi-Fi icon in playback.
3. After creating a nickname, select the mobile phone image that appears on the display. The camera will create a Wi-Fi network for your device to connect to.
4. On your device, go into Settings, select Wi-Fi, and then choose the network name shown on your camera.
5. Once you see your device has connected to the camera’s network, open the Camera Connect app.
6. You’ll see a confirmation message on the camera to confirm that it is connected to your device.
7. You’re now ready to use the app.
8. Once this process has been done once, you will not need to repeat it again. The next time you press the mobile button you can jump straight to Step 4. Alternatively, pressing the WiFi icon in playback will take you to a connection history menu. From here, select the network name shown on your camera.
How do I get photos from my camera onto my phone or tablet?
1. Connect your device to your camera so that you have the Camera Connect app open.
2. In the app, tap on the ‘Images on camera’ function and all the images currently saved on the camera will appear in the app.
3. At the bottom of the app screen, tap the download icon and select the images that you want to save from your camera on to your device.
4. To save individual images, just tap on the image you want. When you see the single image expand to full screen, tap the download icon under the image.
5. To save multiple images, click on the arrow icon at the bottom of the screen and select the images you want to save.
What does GPS via Mobile allow me to do?
Using GPS data from your smartphone, GPS via Mobile tags your photo with precise information; such as the time and location that the photo was taken. So whether you archive your photos or upload them to Flickr, you’ll always be able to find the pictures you took in that exact spot. GPS via Mobile is available with PowerShot an IXUS cameras.
How do I add GPS data to my images?
GPS via Mobile is compatible with PowerShot or IXUS cameras.
1. Make sure the time on your camera and device is correct. This will allow your GPS data to sync.
2. Open up the Camera Connect app and select Location Information.
3. Select Begin logging.
4. Start taking photos with your device.
5. Once you have taken your photo, connect your camera to your device.
6. The Camera Connect app will automatically detect that you have started logging and will ask if you want to sync any information that is available.
7. In the main menu on your device, select Location Information.
8. Select Send location information and press ok.
9. To view the GPS data, select the photo on your camera and click DISP. This will show the location coordinates in which the photo was taken.
10. To turn GPS data off, select Location Information from the app’s main menu on your device and click End Logging.
How do I change the camera settings on the Camera Connect app?
In order to change the camera settings, your compact camera must be in one of the manual modes – M, Av, or Tv.
1. Connect your camera to the Camera Connect app.
2. Click on Remote Shooting.
3. Here, you will see a button on the bottom right of the device; tap it and you will be provided with different settings such as Shutter speed, Aperture, ISO, Continuous shooting and Self-timer.
4. Select the setting you want to change and scroll left or right to adjust it.
I have managed to connect to the app, but once in it, my Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting. What should I do?
1. Go in to the Wi-Fi settings on your device and click on the network that your device is switching over to.
2. Select forget this network.
3. Choose the network name shown on your camera.
How can I get the app onto my phone or tablet
The Camera Connect app is available to download for free from your device. Just visit the App Store or Google play and search for ‘Canon Camera Connect’.
I used to use the CameraWindow app, but my camera cannot connect to the new Camera Connect app even though it is installed?
Your previous connection to your smart device with the old CameraWindow app is stored in your camera as part of its connection history list. This cannot be used again as the connection is only compatible with the old app on your smart device.
If you have been using the Mobile Device Connect Button to connect to your smart device:
1. Press the Menu and find Settings tab (tab with spanner and hammer icon).
2. Select the option for Mobile Device Connect Button.
3. Delete the ‘Registered destination’ (your smart device).
4. Once deleted, press the Mobile Device Connect Button again and complete the connection to your smart device (remember to launch the new Camera Connect app on your smart device).
5. After you have completed this, the mobile button will remember this connection to the new Camera Connect app and you can use the mobile button as before. You can also delete the old CameraWindow app to avoid confusion.
If you have not been using the Mobile Device Connect Button or your camera does not have that button:
1. Press Playback and then select the button with the Wi-Fi icon.
2. Initiate a new connection by selecting the smartphone icon on the screen, rather than pressing a previous connection from the connection history list.
3. Complete the connection to you smart device (remember to launch the new Camera Connect app on your smart device).
4. After you have completed this, the camera will remember this connection to the new Camera Connect app and this will appear as a new item on the history list. You can also delete the old CameraWindow app to avoid confusion.
How do I connect using NFC?
To use NFC, you’ll need to use an NFC-compatible Android smartphone (OS version 4.0 or later). Activate NFC on your smartphone then touch it against the “N-Mark” logo on your camera.
Certain models will require you to:
1. Activate the Wi-Fi function on your camera via the menu and make sure NFC is enabled
2. On your device, go into Settings, select Wi-Fi, then choose the network name shown on your camera and tap on ‘Connect’.
3. Tap NFC to initiate the app and the connection will be complete.
My camera has NFC but it activates the CameraWindow app, how do I use Camera Connect?
Our Camera Connect app will rewrite the NFC tag for you automatically.
All you have to do is connect your camera to the Camera Connect app *** and a message will appear about rewriting the NFC tag information, just press OK.
***For more information on how to connect to the Camera Connect app on your mobile device, please refer to 'How do I connect my Canon EOS DSLR to my mobile device?‘ or 'How do I connect my Canon PowerShot or IXUS to my mobile device?
Certain models will require you to:
1. Connect your camera to the Camera Connect app.
2. Select Camera Setting from the app’s main menu.
3. Click on Start Writing.
4. Tap your camera to your device.
5. Rewrite will then be complete.
How do I reset the Wi-Fi connection on my Canon PowerShot or IXUS camera?
1. Click on the menu button on your camera.
2. Choose Wi-Fi Settings.
3. Choose Reset Settings.
4. When asked ‘Reset all Wi-Fi information?’, choose ‘OK’.
How do I reset the Wi-Fi connection on my Canon DSLR camera?
1. Select the menu button on your camera
2. Navigate to the green settings tab
3. Choose Wi-Fi function
4. Press the info button
5. Select Clear Wi-Fi settings
6. Confirm by pressing OK
How can I provide feedback?
We’re keen to hear your feedback on the app, whether it’s good or bad. We’d also love to hear your suggestions on how we could improve it.
*Canon Camera Connect provides the following features:
1) Connect the camera directly to the device (set the camera as a simplified access point) or join an existing Wi-Fi network (using a Wi-Fi access point).
2) Browse and save images stored in your camera using your mobile device.
3) Control your camera and view live images remotely
4) Support for NFC equipped device
5) Geotag images via mobile GPS
[Supporting features: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
PowerShot SX530 HS, PowerShot SX710 HS, PowerShot SX610 HS, IXUS 275 HS, PowerShot G7 X, PowerShot SX60 HS, PowerShot N2, PowerShot G1 X Mark II, PowerShot SX700 HS, PowerShot SX600 HS, PowerShot N100, IXUS 265 HS
[Supporting features: 1, 2, 3]
EOS 70D, EOS 6D
[Supporting features: 1, 2, 3, 4]
EOS 760D, EOS 750D, EOS M3
[Supporting features: 1, 2, 5]
PowerShot G16, PowerShot S120, PowerShot S200, PowerShot SX510 HS, PowerShot SX280 HS, PowerShot N, PowerShot N Facebook Edition, IXUS 255 HS, IXUS 140, IXUS 135, PowerShot A3500 IS, PowerShot S110
[Supporting features: 2]
IXUS 510 HS, IXUS 240 HSConnection is possible only by joining an existing Wi-Fi network (using a Wi-Fi access point).
**Camera Connect can be used with most Wi-Fi equipped Canon cameras, including:
PowerShot G1 X Mark II, PowerShot G7 X, PowerShot G16, PowerShot S120, PowerShot SX60 HS, PowerShot SX530 HS, PowerShot SX710 HS, PowerShot SX610 HS, PowerShot N100, PowerShot N2, PowerShot SX600 HS, PowerShot SX700 HS, PowerShot S200, PowerShot SX510 HS, PowerShot N Facebook Edition, PowerShot SX280 HS, PowerShot N, PowerShot A3500 IS, PowerShot S110, IXUS 255 HS, IXUS 140, IXUS 135, IXUS 510 HS, IXUS 240 HS, IXUS 275 HS, IXUS265 HS, EOS 6D, EOS 70D, EOS 750D, EOS 760D and EOS M3.
iPad, iPhone, iPod, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Android™ is a registered trademark of Google Inc.